RATES LISTED BELOW
SCROLL DOWN FOR REVIEWS
from U$ $225 per night 2 guests
$1575 per week
$6750 per month
$125.00 cleaning fee
Upstairs Suite Rates:
from US $425 per night
$20 per guest after two (4 total)
$2975 per week
$12,7506 per month
$250 cleaning fee
DaVidgil House Complete Rates:
from US $650.00 per night sleeps 6
$4,550.00 per week
$275.00 cleaning fee
HOLIDAY XMAS & THANKSGIVING 4 DAY MINIMUM 800 A DAY $275 CLEANING FEE
All terms are subject to change, and consideration for circumstances. Please text first and plan to then call ahead for real human communication. We aim to provide sincere service and luxury accommodations.
Please scroll down for REVIEWS.
SECURITY DEPOSIT (depends on the contract)
TEXT FIRST 310.678.6139
All terms are subject to change, and consideration for circumstances. Please text first and plan to then call ahead for real human communication. We aim to provide sincere service and luxury accommodations.
Please scroll down for REVIEWS.
SECURITY DEPOSIT (depends on the contract)
TEXT FIRST 310.678.6139
BOOK FROM 2-6Maximum
No Smokers Inside or Outside
Children with whole house rentals only.
Charges Upon Request:
Laundry $ 30.00
Food Placed / Shelved
☞ with list provided 70.00
Daily Maid Service 80.00
DaVidgil House is located in a semi-wilderness area of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Smoking is prohibited inside DaVidgil House, and on the grounds as well. PLEASE NOTE THAT NEITHER THE HOME NOR THE GROUNDS ARE "CHILD-PROOFED" AND RENTERS ARE ADVISED TO TAKE THE UTMOST CARE. The property is located near National Forest and National Park areas and on a river. Consequently, the grounds may be inhabited by wild life ranging from potentially dangerous to almost tame. Each visitor should be aware that this is part of the “DaVidgil House Experience”. The best strategy for encountering any of the wildlife is to observe from a distance and leave them alone. Fishing in the river is by license only; hunting or trapping from the property is strictly prohibited. It is not uncommon to see bears, deer, coyotes, squirrels, skunks, raccoons, possums, and wild pigs. Although rare, mountain lions have been spotted near by. Bird life abounds with hawks, herons, ducks, quail, woodpeckers, to name just a few, and there are various reptiles, and an abundant insect life. The traveler should be particularly watchful for venomous critters such as rattlesnakes, black widows, and scorpions. In other words, your neighborhood is furred, feathered, flighty, creeping and crawling, and may or may not be friendly, but it is one of the greatest shows on earth - nature! Therefore, all responsibility for safety and well being rest solely with the renter inside and outside of DaVidgil House. And our house rules are what we believe to be the core of decent humanity: respect for all living creatures, care not to take what does not belong to you, leave your environment as you found it, if you use something up - replace it, and the accommodations are for the agreed upon number in the party only. Depart with a gentle footprint.
Any violation of this agreement is grounds for immediate termination of stay without refund.
CALL or text FOR fast AVAILABILITY and bookings
To confirm a reservation we require FULL PAYMENT, and we require a $400.00 OR MORE security deposit. This may be paid by credit card or PayPal. HOLIDAYS & SUMMER STAYS have minimum booking days (please call in advance) and a 2 month advance booking and cancelation policy. Cancelations are accepted 90 days in advance and a full refund minus a $75 processing charge will be reimbursed in the manner paid. If your stay is more than a week there will be an additional cleaning charge of $180.00 for each week stayed.
ARRIVAL / CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 P.M.
DEPARTURE / CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 A.M.
WiFi ☞ Cable ☞ DVD ☞Ironing board and iron ☞ Grill/BBQ ☞ AC/HEAT ☞ Room fans ☞
Wood stove ☞ Linens ☞ Soaps, Shampoo & Conditioner ☞ Spices
34 FIVE STAR REVIEWS
- MARYAM LARIAN ***** This house is a MAGICAL hideaway. We just had a 3 day stay with 2 other families. We were all looking for a sanctuary to decompress from city life and this is exactly what this house provided us with. It's close to markets, a few restaurants there are in three rivers and also easily accessible to Sequoia National Park. All the rooms were wonderful. We rented the entire house. Every single room has been weaved with so much love, the details, the decor. The house was spotless and well maintained. There is a full kitchen in the upper suite and BBQ on the porch for cooking. The owners were lovely and so accommodating and pleasant to converse with. I'd love to come back and stay there again!
- THE K'S FROM CHARLESTON***** PERFECT HOUSE, PERFECT LOCATION, PERFECT OWNERS. We LOVED and truly enjoyed our stay in what I like to call the tree house. We rented the top of the house and felt like we were sitting in the trees when we looked out the kitchen windows. My daughter and I have a love of art and are also artists and we really enjoyed staying in a one of a kind work of art. Every detail is so well planned out and it is just spectacular. The location was also perfect for daily visits to Sequoia National Park. The house was well appointed and had everything we needed and it was so lovely to sit one night witha beverage near the river enjoying the outside too. We also really enjoyed the owners. They were so pleasant to talk to and we felt like we were part of the family.
- TANDI I ***** The Davidgil house is a once in a lifetime opportunity to stay in a work of art. The home is immaculate and absolutely beautiful. The amount of detail put into the home is mesmerizing and my husband and I would wonder around the house for hours marveling over the artistic detail of the home which the previous owners built themselves. The property itself is equally gorgeous and my family loved spending time in the huge yard and dangling our feet in the pristine river running through the property. The home had everything one could want or need in a vacation home and the owners are the nicest and most down to earth people. They made us feel right at home. If you want a peaceful retreat this is the spot to be.
- SARAH Carlsbad***** PERFECT PLACE FOR A GETAWAY My Fiancé and I stayed in the studio of the Davidgil house as bday vacation for me. We had the best time, and I will never forget the peace and serenity I felt there. We woke up and had our coffee by the river every morning, and ending our evenings with a campfire and listening to music all weekend long. The owners were the most gracious hosts, and we felt a bond with them right away. If all goes well I plan to go back and have a small wedding at the property, it's just THAT GORGEOUS!
- PAIGE T ***** Wonderful home, Wonderful hosts! My family and I stayed at the DaVidgil House in late August for four nights. This home is beautiful and warm. The owners have put her heart and soul into creating a magical space. They have an incredible eye for detail and beauty. Although we were disappointed that the river running through their back yard had dried up due to severe drought conditions, this did not hamper our stay. There are plenty of great watering holes and beautiful spots to get your feet wet close to the home. The highlight of our stay was when we were asked to stay for dinner with our hosts and their friends visiting from Hawaii. A beautiful paella and other delicious foods. Wonderful hosts and a beautiful home.
- Bonnie W***** Peaceful retreat right on the river! This unique custom home is right on the river and is just a few miles down the road from the entrance to Sequoia National Park. Three Rivers is a quaint little town with all the amenities one would require for a restful retreat from the city. With incredible views of the river and the mountains this home did not disappoint. The home itself had everything you needed plus it was clean and well kept. Were from Florida, stayed here a couple days to see the Giant Sequoias and then headed off to San Francisco for a few days. We all wished we had just stayed here for the entire trip! We definitely will plan another trip here again. If your looking to get away from the hustle and bustle and reconnect with nature in the comfort of a home, this is the place to go!
- DIANA D. ***** When we travel around the country, my wife and I always try to locate a "best kept secret" type VRBO in the area we're staying. Something close enough to humanity to access an acceptable cooked meal and see the local sights, but apart from people, with outdoor space for ourselves. Unique accommodations with thoughtful, artistic design, eclectic furnishings, solitude, and a view of nature. We can rarely find all of this in one VRBO, but Davidgil met all these expectations. Davidgil is "museum level quality comfort". We stayed in the studio for two nights, separate from, and beneath the main house. Absolutely perfect for a couple.The artisan/owners humbly showed us the entirety of their work throughout the main house They have left no stone unturned, no detail missed, in their restoration, design, and furnishing of this California home and the adjacent studio Reclaimed and natural materials throughout, their home is a work of art with a California mountain-home Sierra scheme. Surprising that it can be rented at all. Both the studio and full house are priced very reasonably for this unique quality of accommodation. The two rentals combined, this is a perfect home for quite a few people, a family, or several couples. Build a campfire on the riverbank right out the back door; 30 minutes to the Big Trees, or see no one; Tastefully furnished kitchens, or nearby restaurants. Had we known how nice it was, we'd have rented longer to spend more time here, than sharing our days with the National Park crowds. Huge plus if the owners happen to be there and everyone has the opportunity and desire to engage one another. We were not sure they were even on the property, as they were virtually invisible-but-available during our stay, but after meeting them, the house and property are simply an extension of their artistry, creativity, and kinship. Wonderful people. Score.Recommended for: Sightseeing,
- NEWLYWEDS***** Perfectly Picturesque From the moment we drove up, until our tires hit the pavement as we drove away we were in awe of the sheer beauty of this property. The attention to detail that the owners have put into this home and all of its amenities are simply divine. Every single thing has been throughly thought out and designed to create a true masterpiece of a home. We rented the studio for our wedding weekend and honeymoon and though we got married in Sequoia National Forrest, we chose to have our photos taken on the Devidgil property. The studio was absolutely perfect for the two of us and was well equipped with everything we needed for the weekend. The owners were very accommodating to us and made sure we were comfortable and tended to our every need. We originally planned to stay 3 nights but couldn't bring ourselves to leave and changed our travel plans to stay another day. We left with tears in our eyes, fond memories in our hearts and plans to return again and again.
- HAPPY VISITOR***** Awesome Retreat. We have visited the DaVidgil House twice now and plan to make an annual trip to this awesome retreat. The property exceeded our expectations in every way. The home is a work of art and as architects we cant stop admiring all of the beauty found in every detail of this fairy tale place. We visit with our family of 4 and love to hang out at the river, play ping pong, and just enjoy the peaceful serenity of the mountain and river views. The river comes right up to the edge of the property and affords a beautiful view to distant King's Canyon mountain peaks. We drive into the park when we visit which is very close and offers so many different places to visit. We highly recommend this property and could not find the owner's more accommodating or the home more enjoyable. Every room is spotless and fresh flowers and fresh air blowing through the windows always awaits us upon arrival
- JASON***** A Wonderful Retreat. I've always wanted to visit Sequoia National Park and we chose the Davidgil house as our home base. It was the perfect choice. This house has everything you need for a great weekend in the country - big bedrooms, a lovely country kitchen and a huge property along the riverside. The house has many fanciful touches that make it fun to explore. And it was big enough that we were able to have some friends up from Visalia who – even tho it was only 30 minutes away – felt they were on vacation. And the kids absolutely loved being alongside the river. The owners were a pleasure to work with in scheduling our visit. And we had no problems at any point during our stay. Definitely
- JEN***** Artist Retreat! AMAZING ! My husband and I had the most wonderful experience at the Davidgil House. We went up to spend time away from the city and focus on artistic projects - the setting enhanced our experience. Spending time by the river, the grounds, and in the house provided a truly inspirational retreat. The owners have put love and art into this property. Can't wait to go back, it exceeded our expectations. Thank you!!! Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!We stayed at the DaVidgil house over Christmas holiday, for a week. We rented the whole house and it accommodated the 7 of us very comfortably. The studio was especially nice as mom & dad's haven, while our adult children each enjoyed having their own special unique bedrooms/baths. Although accommodations were far and above expected, the lovely character, the incredibly peaceful/beautiful setting, welcoming hosts created an experience for our family we will forever cherish. The decor, art, rhythm of nature all around are irresistible, and both calming & invigorating! We so appreciated the opportunity to cook robust meals in the well equipped kitchen where we spent much time around the table- reminiscing and planning for the day/s activities ahead. The special touches of holiday decor throughout the house graced our season together; we did not miss for a moment the usual traditions- including putting up the tree!!! We all agreed General Sherman, hiking Moro Rock, S'mores by the river, toasty fireside guitar sessions and exploring the area were tops - Let's do this every year! A real gem!!!!
- WENDY V ***** A relaxing artists retreat!! From the moment we arrived at this beautiful home I think everyone in our group was entranced by the warmth and hospitality of the owners as well as the creativity that went into every detail of the house design. The place belongs in a fairytale, and the loft is every child's (or adult!) dream room! The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed, and there is a grocery store less than 2 miles away. It was the perfect setting for our artists retreat. The location is beautiful, just a short drive to the sequoias. Sadly the park was closed because of the government shut down, but we enjoyed just hanging out at the house, playing with the cats and exploring the area. The river is in the backyard, including a sun deck and a fire pit, perfect to gather around and stargaze. No one wanted to leave, in fact we want to make this an annual retreat. I cant recommend Davidgil house enough.
- JOVARD***** Beautiful Stream-side Stay!! We travel all over Southern California for my husbands work and try to stay in VRBO homes as much as possible and this was by far the best experience we have ever had! The owners were truly amazing hosts, which to us is the key to a great stay!! They made our time there comfortable and answered any questions we had. They were very friendly easy to talk to. We rented the studio for two weeks and were very pleased at the home's charm and beauty. It was very clean and well maintained with everything we needed for a relaxing working vacation. There is so much history built into the home and has been, without a doubt, a labor of love. The construction talent shines through in all the details of the home, especially the woodworking and tile details (just BEAUTIFUL). Also, we asked to see the amazing artwork displayed on the walls upstairs. There is a stream that runs through the back of the property. Although it was not running when we were there, we were still able to relax and enjoy the outdoors on their beautiful property by BBQing out on the outdoor patio. The Davidgil House is within just a few miles from the entrance to the Sequoia National Park and Lake KAWEAH (where we did some fishing). Our lab Koa also loved it there....especially all the love he got from Greg!!! We would highly recommend the Davidgil house to anyone and hope to go back often!!!
- LORI FROM SANTA MONICA***** A very beautiful place. We stayed for 3 magical nights which will live long in our memories. The owners are so friendly and very welcoming, and very interesting people. It sounds clichéd but the photographs do not convey how beautiful the place actually is, the attention to detail was above and beyond any boutique hotel. The stay was so relaxing.
- THE KEATINGS TAOS, NEW MEXICO***** Simply Amazing! What a find!!! DaVidgil house is beyond anything we had expected. I had rented the entire house for our group of 6, as we explored Sequoia National Park. From the descriptions on VRBO, I expected to find a quaint house in a serene location, with nice amenities and well equipped kitchen. Davidgil house turned out to be all that and so much more. The owners were so delightful and helpful. It was obvious that host took great pains in preparing her house for her guests - thinking of every little detail, so that her guests would have an unforgettable experience. The house is a labor of love - we spent the first hour or 2 just taking in all the architectural details and being inspired by the love and attention that had been put into the house. Since we had a chef in our group, we knew that we would be treated to gourmet meals and were hoping for a nice kitchen. The beautiful and well appointed kitchen was a delight to work in - so much so that we spent most of our time in the kitchen - cooking and enjoying each others company. The bedrooms, bathrooms and living area were are very nicely appointed, with all that we needed, including great music selection. The owner was kind enough to let me borrow some of his CDs to copy and return to him later on. The riverfront and the deck were beautiful. Even though the river was dry at the time of our visit, we still enjoyed wine and cheese in the outdoor setting as we listened to the sound of birds. All in all, I can not say enough about DaVidgil house. We know we will return to this beautiful home again and again.
- MARY G***** Everything we had hoped for and more! My husband and I spent 10 days in California and were lucky enough to spend a night in this picturesque home. Given we had a very packed itinerary for our trip, a night is all the time we could afford to spend here but wish it could have been more. It was the perfect escape for us after a day visiting Sequoia National Park. It provided us a home away from home, and "home" is the right word for it because we felt so comfortable, relaxed and at home there. It had all the conveniences of a house, it was clean, and it sat on a beautiful property right on the river. Not to mention, the sheets on the bed were some of the most comfortable and luxurious sheets we've ever slept on. We spent a good portion of our stay exploring the property and that was a lot of fun in itself. We explored the river, we explored the whole exterior of the house with all its design details, we even walked around the property following animals such as quail, squirrels and humming birds. At the end of our visit, the owners were kind enough to show us around the rest of the house which was also a very neat experience. They have done an amazing job with this home, and we find it visually stunning. We hope to come back one day with a bigger party to enjoy the whole home. We highly recommend this property to anyone spending time in the area if you are looking for quality time with people you care about.
- DEE & RACH***** A Haven! What a fantastic place! DaVidgil is an architectural dream, set amidst the most idyllic site. We came here to visit Sequoia Park, but it was hard to leave the beauty and tranquility of DaVidgil. We spent a whole day just watching the wildlife river-side - deer, jay, lizards, vultures, quail (with a large family), butterflies, fish, woodpeckers; and not forgetting Cali the adorably affectionate cat (who likes ham!) were perfect hosts - there to meet and greet us, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable hosts. The accommodation is unique and extremely stylish (the exact opposite to bland international chain hotels). You can tell that DaVidgil is a work of loving - and living - art. We can't recommend this place enough. Definitely one of our best holidays ever.
- ADELE AND DAN LOS GATOS***** A Retreat for Body and Soul. The Davidgil House is a beautiful piece of art! The care and craftsmanship put into every inch is designed for comfort and for pleasing the senses. While the house is new and modern in every convenience history has been carefully built in. It was fastidiously clean and perfectly appointed. The setting is delightful and peaceful, morning coffee by the river was a highlight of our stay. The sunlight danced on the water, dragonflies flitted by as a blue belly lizard shared a nearby rock. Our hosts greeted us warmly and made sure that we were completely comfortable. This is a treasure, a home that is art. We were grateful to be welcomed to this piece of heaven.
- AUBRIE PITTSBURG, PA***** Three Rivers Oasis. The owners were gracious hosts at this oasis along the river. The house is impeccably designed and decorated with all of the comforts of a luxury home. It is truly as beautiful as the photos suggest! The location is close to shopping, restaurants, the lake and river, as well as Sequoia National Park, and so it accommodates either an active or purely relaxing vacation.
- SHANNIE***** Wonderful Secret Hideway.huzzle We had another fantastic four day stay at the David Gil House!! This place is a real find and a treasure. A luxurious and relaxing place to escape the noise and traffic of the city and of the typical rentals. The house is located in a quiet setting, along the river with beautiful gardens and huge shade trees. There are many unique spots to site and enjoy the birds, river sounds and a good book..or just sleep. The accommodations are pristine, very private and extremely comfortable. Sleeping is very wonderful in the comfortable bed and the nights are very quiet. the amenities are perfect with lots of artistic touches and thoughtfully provided touches of luxury and convenience. When venturing out it is a good location as it is very close to the Sequoia park entrance and many other types of activities. One of the very best things about this place is the Owner and the attention to detail and wonderful hospitality and service provided us. This is one of our very favorite spots to vacation and we will return often and recommend it highly.
- STEVE***** The property itself is very unique and well taken care of. What a location, amazing bones, overwhelmed.
- JENS & NETTE***** The perfect oasis away from the hustle and bustle! There are much positive things to say about The DaVidgil House. Where to begin? My boyfriend and I were in need of a getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. My boyfriend found The Da Vidgil House listed on VRBO. After looking through the pictures, he knew it was the perfect oasis away from the hustle and the bustle. He rented it for 4 nights (Sunday – Wednesday). It was our first trip to Three Rivers, CA and we absolutely enjoyed our stay. When we arrived, the hosts were there to welcome us. That was a nice welcoming feeling. Oh not to forget there were also Latte the dog and Kaylee the cat to greet us as well. Sorry, if I’ve misspelled the cat’s name. Oh, Kaylee likes to be petted. The inside of the studio exceeded my boyfriend’s expectations. The photos didn't fully capture the quaintness of the place. The bed was comfortable. We were able to get a full 8 hour sleep and on some days more. There’s a kitchen in which we cooked dinner every night. There’s also a wood stove for additional warmth. The owner had shown us how to use it. We used it everyday and it kept the place feeling nice and toasty. According to owner, it’s best to use oak wood. The deck next to the lake was my boyfriend’s favorite spot. The lake provided a sense of tranquility, an inviting feeling. He sat on one of the chairs and read a book. The hosts told us the story of The DaVidgil House. It’s a fascinating one. Anyone who is interested should ask about the woman who built the house. What to do there? Drive up to the Sequoia National Park. A 7-day pass costs $20. Or, it’s $30 for an annual pass to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. What else to do? Stop by at one of the fruit stands to purchase a bag or box of oranges. Where to obtain hiking trail information and map? Three Rivers Museum. Where to eat? Anne Lang's Emporium. Where to buy ingredients if cooking dinner? Village Market. We are happy to have known the owners. They are very warm people. Fantastic hosts. Went out of their way to ensure that everything was available to us. The DaVidgil House is the perfect place for a peaceful vacation getaway. We left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. If seeking tranquility, serenity, and relation, then we highly recommend The DaVidgil House. Jens & Nette
- PVC PT LOMA, SAN DIEGO *****A Beautiful and Relaxing Place My husband and I just returned from spending three wonderful nights at the DaVidgil House. The location is great for exploring Sequoia National Park during the day and then returning to a peaceful and relaxing environment where you can enjoy the beauty of 3 Rivers surrounding you. The accommodations are well cared for and they have everything you could possible need for a great weekend get-away...very romantic! We travel a lot and except the best...we were NOT disappointed and would recommend this wonderful home!
- MARY Z***** What a gorgeous secret find! My boyfriend and I stayed for the weekend in November. You are ten minutes away from the beautiful Sequoia Park and trees. We got to hike all day then come back to a tranquil, fairytale setting. We woke up with a beautiful view of the mountains. What a treasure! The host was gracious, but we had all the privacy we needed. We used the fireplace every night and the ambiance was romantic and cozy. Would highly recommend the DaVidgil House to all. And if you get the chance, ask the owner how the house was lovingly put together.
- JAVAN SAN DIEGO***** Amazing place, amazing owners, amazing scenery. My family booked a last minute trip to stay and visit the Sequoias over the Christmas/New Years season and we couldn't be more pleased. The studio was an amazing find and such an architectural wonder. The place is well put together as a cozy studio with wonderful artwork and architecture everywhere. Even in the middle of winter we stayed warm and cozy with a heater and wood burning furnace. The house is also situated on a wonderful large lot right along a fork of the Kaweah river. The water is directly below the nice deck that faces south for wonderful coffee or dinner relaxation. As for the Sequoias, they are about a 40 minutes drive (over an hour with chains in the winter) but it's an easy drive. We actually preferred staying in Three Rivers outside the heavy snow with an easy and beautiful drive up the mountain at any time. Plus, the gate to the sequoias is about a ten minute drive away and from there, you have tons of hiking and activities all over the place. So, in conclusion, we'd stay again in a heartbeat and recommend this place to anyone. It's a nice place for 2-4 people and as the title says, the studio, the owners and the Sequoias can't be beat
- DOUG SCOTDALE, AZ***** One-Of-A-Kind My wife and I have had the opportunity to stay at many inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and private rentals in many states and several countries. DaVidgil House is right at the top as a unique, great experience for anyone traveling near Sequoia National Park. From the interesting architecture, to the thoughtfully-appointed accommodations, to the enchanting river-side grounds, this place is one-of-a-kind. The first floor rental is extremely spacious, well equipped, and terrifically decorated. The owner is delightful and helpful in every way possible. And the beautiful grounds are not only dog friendly, but dog heaven. But all of those advantages are minor compared to the overall ambiance. Not many people have the creative vision and energy to create such a welcoming environment. As soon as one enters the grounds, one realizes that the owner is an artist who has put a lot of thought into intricate details that make this much more a unique home than a rental. Memories of many places run together. Not so with DaVidgil House. Go. You will not be disappointed.
- CAROL LONG BEACH, CA***** Fell in Love! We had booked a site on VRBO once before, and it had not turned out so great. So, we were a little anxious about going this route again. Our experience with DavidGil House has completely redeemed this choice for a vacation. We loved this wonderful little oasis. From the moment we contacted the owner until the day we drove off to come home our experience was a positive one. And the site itself is like a little, private retreat, complete with river, grounds, wildlife, and a very spacious, comfortable single apartment to stay in. The park is very close and although we did spend lots of time exploring the giant sequoias, we also chose to stay on site for a day or two just because it was so relaxing and beautiful. The accomodations were very well cared for, with every little detail thought about. The studio had a sense of an artists home, with a lovely detail everywhere you looked. And, the owner was warm, welcoming, gracious and struck the right balance of checking in to make sure we had what we needed and leaving us to our own devices so we had the sense of having the space to ourselves. It was a great vacation and we definately recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.
- SHANNIE MANHATTAN BEACH, CA***** An elegent Architectural Jewel set amist the peaceful serenity of natureWe were so enthralled by this beautiful and romantic paradise that we originally booked for 3 nights and once there, added another 2 nights (and would have extended our stay longer if our schedules permitted). The pictures do not do justice to this one of a kind jewel! We have traveled and stayed in many lovely places but definitely feel this is the best yet!. We encourage all who love nature, beauty and serenity to spend some time here nestled against the river and the foothills to the Sequoia National Park. The old Sequoia grove is just an hour away up a breathtaking mountain road. There are rivers with beautiful rock pools and waterfalls in many places around the area. One feels as if he has a private cottage as the accommodations are very large, private and well appointed; with a wonderfully comfortable bed and places to relax and dream. There are views of nature and large graceful trees from every window. A romantic deck sits along the riverfront, festooned with grape vines and drapery to create one of several private dining, sitting or sleeping areas. The interiors are beautiful with many art pieces, decorative tile work and details. The owner, is very hospitable and helpful and paying a high level of attention to detail in every aspect of the accommodation. We plan to return as soon as our schedule permits and encourage others to experience this unique place to create, recharge and rest.
- LP BIG SKY, MONTANA***** Great comfort within the sight and sounds of nature. My wife and I stayed at the David Gil House for several nights. We selected this serene, well-equipped Studio as a base of operations. We arrived in the early evening having booked in for 3 nights. We were so pleased with the entire environment after one night, we asked if we could add an extra night! And we did! So many wonderful details: Very comfortable bed, big shower, several places to dine inside and out, art painted on the walls and tables, huge antique patio doors, Wifi, big screen TV, etc. And lots of room!! What a find! And all for the same price as a motel. The yard is well-maintained, yet it drops off into native species in every direction. Sights and sounds of wildlife as it ebbed and flowed around the premises. We saw an extended family of wild pigs across the river. Big ones and small ones and tweeners had come to the river to drink while we were sitting on the deck having a champagne breakfast. We tried to stay quiet, but we could not control our laughter at the antics of the little ones slipping on the rocks. They scurried off into the oak scrub on the other bank. There were deer in the yard in the evening; and all the birds: quail, wren, comical blue jays, and many we could not identify. Lovely! Secluded and private. A great location for exploring the many parks and recreation areas, yet we were only 5 min. from the little township. We hope to return this winter.
- ORPHEUS12, BOSTON, MASS***** Great place right on the river and down the road from Kings Canyon. My lady and I were heading for the Sierras as we do each Spring. We typically stay in B&B's along the way out of Fresno. This year we decided to go in from 198 out of Visalia. We wanted a bit more serenity than we had on other trips. We found it at The Davidgil House! Spring in full bloom on a river in the Sierra Foothills. Private gardens in a semi-wilderness of its own. A river runs right through the property. We hopped into Sequoia National Park one day, day-hiked Mineral King State Park on two days, and visited Kings Canyon National Park. Then we just kicked back an enjoyed a romantic stay at Davidgil House. The interior is striking with beautiful tile work, restored antique doors that serve as walls(but open up to patio areas), and is decorated in a kind of artistic "rustic chic." The bed frame is made from antique theatre seat ends! Clean, comfortable, with everything we needed: TV, WiFi, kitchenette, great comfortable bed, and lots of ROOM inside and out to relax and enjoy being AWAY from it all. Tons of nature right there. We had breakfast and dinner on the deck overlooking the river, played cards on the patio until late in the evening, or just sat around and watched the animal activities that abound on the property. The families of quail were our favorites. They posted sentries to watch the foraging flock. On the opposite bank of the river, I saw deer casually strolling along the trail. Squirrels, lizards, butterflies in the garden. We were 5 minutes from the Three Rivers Village, but on this large property behind the huge boulder walls, we felt so hidden from the world. We highly recommend this fantastic, peaceful getaway.
- RANDY DANE***** Excellent! Will come many more times.Fantastic! We stayed here for 2 weeks while doing day trips around the Sierras and even the valley below. Some days we rose, looked around and decided: why go anywhere; we have it here! The trips included: Seq. Nat. Park, Kings Canyon, Mineral King(my fav), and day hikes in the hills. The lake was just minutes away, so we did some fishing one day. We caught the tail end of spring on the property, and it was remarkable. Deer, quail(at my feet!), and a blue heron and ducks on the river while we ate breakfast on the deck. BBQ's in the evening. Serenity! The room is a wonder in itself. The large antique doors on either side serve as walls, but they opened up on one side to a garden patio area we used for playing cards in the evening, and on the other to a breezeway! Spacious yard, and the wilderness: Paradise for the price of a motel room. We will return this fall.
- ROBIN STRATHMORE, CA***** Romantic Getaway My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at DaVigilhouse and it was a glorious experience. This time, our visit was for a romantic getaway for just the two of us. We are always greeted with a spirit of generosity when we arrive and the amenities complement the gorgeous surroundings, making it a remarkably intimate experience. The grounds were beautiful, as always. We have experienced this piece of paradise at various times of the year and have never been disappointed by the breathtaking views and diversity with the changing seasons. There’s nothing like sitting on the deck overlooking the beautiful river to fill my soul with inspiration. I always leave this tranquil environment feeling renewed with a deeper appreciation for nature. Next time, I’d like to book a girlfriends weekend or maybe just go all by myself!
- WAIKULI LOS ANGELES***** The serenity of living in nature and art is still talked about. My wife and I decided to visit Sequoia National Park again after years of being away. We booked this gorgeous studio on a lark. What a find!! Artistic flare mixed with rustic elegance, gardens that flow into natural flora, the sounds of an age old river, and a feeling that someone was trying to do something special AND SUCEEDED! WE felt soooo special. We giggled like a couple of kids (we're in our 50's). We spent a few hours in the Park and took a few day hikes, but mostly we lounged around this wonderful place amid the sounds and sights of nature. We now have this beautiful, romantic place in our minds and often talk of trying to rebook soon. The photos could never describe the peaceful feeling of this place. Boy, did we get away from LA madness!! It was well worth every penny! The details: Spacious interior with the touch of an artist in almost every direction. The bed and other furnishings were of high quality and very comfortable. Even with the wilderness so close, the property was clean and well-maintained. It is near enough to the village that we were able to get supplies in a heartbeat, then simply slip back to the place and enjoy our privacy on the grounds. Lots of places outdoors to sit around and watch the wildlife(one morning 4 deer just emerged from the river and ran across the yard right in front of us; and I think I was having a mid-morning conversation with the same squirrel each day, and one day a blue jay came over and decided to get in on it!). If you want to get out of your digital chaos and traffic ridden life for a few days, we highly recommend the Davidgilhouse. You'll giggle, too
- Mariya S., Carmel***** Precious Property! Stunning property, one of a kind, amazing owners, gorgeous surrounds.
- Elizabeth, Venice Canals, CA***** When you need something more! So thrilled my husband and I took our grown kids and their kids (our grandbabies) to this gorgeous and inspiring home. Every detail awestruck, the amazing handmade doors, and screeens, the dimensions of the rooms, the exquisite exterior, and the location, the repurposed authenticity etc. We hope to make it a family tradition.